Charles Clifford Dental Hospital
The Charles Clifford Dental Hospital is the main NHS dental facility in Sheffield. It is managed by the Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and affiliated with the University of Sheffield.
The hospital recently celebrated its golden jubilee following 50 years of providing dental services to the people of Sheffield. It was founded by Colonel Sir Charles Clifford, Commander of the Sheffield Territorial Artillery and the 126 Brigade Army field Artillery.
Charles Clifford Dental Hospital was opened in 1953 to provide specialist dental services for people in Sheffield and the surrounding districts. In 1966 the hospital was extended and has recently undergone a redevelopment programme.
The Charles Clifford is a dental teaching hospital linked to the University School of Clinical Dentistry, which has an intake of 80 undergraduate dentists and 30 hygienists and therapists each year. It is currently expanding its postgraduate and research activities.
The Dental Hospital is situated next to the Royal Hallamshire Hospital as well as being within the University campus, which is also in the S10 area of Sheffield. It incorporates the Schools of Dental Hygiene, Dental Therapy and Dental Technology, and provides training for Dental Nurses.
You can also find details of other services such as parking, contact details and locations on the hospital's official website: